The first two lighthouses of the Greek Lighthouses Network were at Spetses and Kea islands. Since 1827 a lamp had been already operated at Aegina port and in 1831 began the construction of the two stone lighthouses at Spetses and Kea islands. The lighthouse in Spetses was first operated in 1837 and there isn’t anymore. The stone lighthouse and the keeper’s home that adorn today the Spetses old port was operated for first time in 1885.
It is different from the other of the Greek Lighthouses Network, due to its location in an inhabitant area. The height tower is 11,6 meters and its focal plane 27 meters. In 1986 it was completely automated and sends out one white flash every 5" in a distance of 18 nautical miles.