The capital of the island is situated inside a sheltered cove of Molos Bay which
seems like a lake. The houses, which were rebuilt after the earthquakes of 1953,
are as before in the traditional architectural style. The blue waters and the
verdant islet of Lazaretto in the middle of the harbour make a good first impression
on the visitor.