The lighthouse is at the Folegandros island of Cyclades islands complex, between Sikinos and Milos islands. Despite its name, it’s not located exactly on the Aspropounta cape, but a little bit further, at the "Kavos of Michelou" site. Its construction began in 1919 and lighthouse operated for first time on November of 1921. It’s 58 meters above the sea, the white tower is 11 meters and its focal plane 70 meters. Its luminescence is visible to 17-20 nautical miles.
At first the lighthouse lit with wick burners and then with petroleum-steam machinery. Since September of 1986 it operates with solar energy powered machinery. The lighthouse’s keeper home is beside it. The access is by footpaths either from Ano Meria village in a 1-hour distance either from Livadaki beach in a 20 minutes distance.