The lighthouse at the Kafkalida islet, at the western spot of Peloponnisos to the Ionian Sea, in a small distance after Kyllini towards Zakynthos, and with background the το Enos mountain> of Kefallonia, was built in 1906 with tower height of 15 meters and focal plane of 19 meters.
According to the tradition Kafkalida was connected to Kyllini by a strip of land. On the island there are Romans graves and the ruins of an old-Christian small church. The access today is by boat of by feet rock to rock (reefs). It’s a remarkable sample of building with historic and technical interest, important for the communications history and for the navigation. It is constructed from masonry and reinforced cement and includes the lighthouse’s tower and the keeper’s home.
The rocky island of Kafkalida has 5,5 meters high from the sea and is located 3/10 of a mile from the northwest spot of Glarentza.