Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center - Florina
Last Update: Nov 2014
The Chalet & its surrounding facilities
Road access to the ski center
A panoramic view of the ski centre
The 'Tottis' Chalet and its parking lot
A view from a slope
Tel.: +30 23850 45800-1
Fax: +30 23850 45800
Dec - Mar
Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center - Florina - Photo Gallery
Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center - Florina - Overview
Mountain: Confluence of Verno and Varnous
: 1600 m up to 2000 m.
At the confluence of Varnous
mountain chains, 19 km on the west side of Florina
and at an altitude of 1650 m up to 2000 m, a "neck" is formed, where Vigla
crossing/passage is located. In this area, in a dense beech forest one of the best ski centers of Greece can be found.
The Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center has a total of 12 ski runs, out of which 9 downhill ski slopes, 2 cross country ski runs (Lang Lauf) & one slope suitable for snowmobile. In details:
- 1 black racing, 1000 m in length, also suitable for snowboard. It begins on the right of the main dooble-seat lift top and ends to the Rea slope top.
- 3 red
- Hera (Main), 1500 m in length.
- Dionysos (Ring), 1850 m in length.
- Oxia (New), 2200 m in length.
- 2 blue
- Ermis (Touristic), 3500 m in length
- Artemis, 2000 m in length. It's a blu - green slope that connects the ski center's base to the starting point of the new dooble-seat lift at Pisoderi villge.
- 1 green, Rea, for beginners, 700 m in length each one.
- 2 Lang Lauf.
- 2 slopes, suitable for learning ski and snowboard.
- Hercules, 200 m in length.
- Kronos, 200 m in length.
- 1 suitable for snowmobile.
9 of the slopes are of Olympic standards and can service all skiers' and snowboarders' categories. The overall view of Prespa lake
is combined with the view of the surrounding snow-covered mountain tops.
- 2 aerial double seat lifts, 1400 m & 2000 m in length.
- 1 sliding double seat lift.
- 2 baby lifts.
- Modestios Guesthouse, which is housed in the old renovated building of Modesteios School. It can accommodate 55 visitors in 15 beautifully shaped rooms of various capacities.
- Tottis Chalet is located right in front of the ski center with a view to the mountain and the ski slopes. It is developed in 3 levels in order to cover all needs of dining and entertainment. On the ground floor a bar operates, which is connected with the ski equipment rental store (ski, boots, snowboards, snowmobiles, etc.). On the 1st floor there is a comfortable restaurant with a fireplace and view to the ski slopes. On the 2nd floor there is a cafeteria offering table games and table tennis.
- Furthermore, the infrastructure of chalet consisted also by four snow ploughs for slopes’ quick formation, an artificial snow system, a private baby lift for beginners & children, as well as a ski bus for tours. Finally, there is a special designed place for trailers, equipped with power supply for each one and bath/toilet landscaped area.
- The Shelter of Vigla, which belongs to Alpine & Ski Club of Florina. It accommodate skiers & climbers and its capacity is up to 30 persons.
- Ski & snowboard school and rental equipment store.
- A new snow plough, Bombardier type. From the beginning of 2009-2010 winter season operates and prepare the slopes in excellent condition for ski.
- Heli Ski, which started at Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center on winter season 2008-2009. Due to its successful first operation, will be enriched and more interesting.
The facilities of the Ski Center operate from December till March, on daily basis, from 9 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
The Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center is one of the oldest in Greece, as its first sliding lift was established in 1967. It is also one of the modern and biggest ski centers with many slopes & lifts. Tottis family, who owns & operates also the Tottis Chalet
, on the base of it, manages it.
The brand new aerial lift of 2 km in length, whose starting point is at the Pissoderi village and peak point at the ski center’s top, is the longest one in Balkans
. That’s a unique fact for Greece, to exist a connecting lift between a village and the ski center.
Ski Center’s parking is quite big and recently has been expanded and planked with asphalt. New place for trailers was also created.
The main slope is lightened and is open for night ski from 21:00 to 01:00, every weekend and holidays.
Services in the surrounding area
There are lodgements in surrounding areas, such as Prespes
Vigla Pissoderi Ski Center - Florina - Map
Executives & Departments
Mr Anastassios Tottis
Mr Konstantinos Tottis
- 560 Kilometers the capital of the country: ATHENS, ATTIKI, GREECE
- 19 Kilometers the prefectural capital FLORINA, MAKEDONIA WEST, GREECE
- 250 Kilometers the prefectural capital IOANNINA, EPIRUS, GREECE
- 358 Kilometers the prefectural capital KAVALA, MAKEDONIA EAST & THRACE, GREECE
- 229 Kilometers the prefectural capital LARISSA, THESSALIA, GREECE
- 496 Kilometers the prefectural capital PATRA, ACHAIA, GREECE
- 170 Kilometers the prefectural capital THESSALONIKI, MAKEDONIA CENTRAL, GREECE
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Archaeological sites of interest:
- Arts & Culture - interesting sights:
- Byzantine & Medieval Monuments:
- Companies related to the area:
- Medical care:
- Monasteries of interest:
- Museums of interest:
- Neighbouring ski centers:
- Selected accommodation:
- Sports' Federations-Associations
Subsidiaries / affiliates / members...
- Near the area operate:
- Within the area operate: