the small settlement of Livaditsa
constitute a unified settlement. All of the areas inhabitants are natives and
refugees from Asia Minor and Pontos. Rachonas' initial name was Ramel. Archaeologists
have discovered evidence that proves the presence of man in this area from classic
The church of St. George, patron saint of Rachona, is dated back to
1803 and the saint's memory is celebrated every year.
Another characteristic of the Livaditsa settlement area is landscape
turns with the harmonious pop up of small churches - landmarks in the region.
The Holy Trinity church is a standing meeting place of refugees from Eastern Romylia,
and people from all different places in Macedonia flock here every year on the
day of the Holy Spirit to pay homage to and honor their ancestors. The old St.
Athanassios church, built in 1805 that was once linked with the joyful events
in people's lives stands quietly today.
The new St. Alexios church is the most easily approachable church
accommodating the inhabitants in their prayers.