Archaeologists have revealed that the
area of Ditiko has probably been inhabited since prehistoric times.
The first contemporary settlement was named Konikovo, meaning an area
with a lot of horses. In 1922 this area was settled by Pontos refugees, who named
the settlement Stiva, due to the many hayricks there. Later on, and as of 1955,
the community was named Ditiko.
The majority of Ditiko residents are of Pontos origin and are stubborn
in promoting their culture. The club "Ipsilante" operates within the framework
of this notion and organizes the Ipsilantia Events every year. These events include
traditional Pontos song and dance on the day of St. Constantine's celebration.
The Ditiko area, as indicated by historical sources, presents with
significant activity in the Macedonian struggle era. This is the alias Nikoforos
II, was heroically killed in a Turkish ambush.
The church of St. Constantine and St. Helen stands tall and reveals
its internal interesting frescos and holy icons brought here by the ancestors
of Abdouramaliin Pontos.
The Ditiko inhabitants are also very proud of the WRESTLING CLUB established
in1987, which has displayed a very successful and upward course with significant
distinctions. The 40 wrestlers enjoy high morale and confidence and look forward
to the 2004 Olympic Games.
The landscape surrounding Ditiko is of exceptional beauty with rich
sycamore tree vegetation that follows the route of a ravine, an area of recreation
andenjoyment. Thechurch of St. Sofronios stands at the village's entrance giving
visitors a warmand affectionate welcome.