Palefito is situated one Km away from Egnatia Street, on its right
side. It is a modern village with 1446 residents and powerful organizations. At
the entrance of the village there is the fully equipped building of the Agricultural
Co-operation, which was founded in 1966 and has 576 members. Apart from the supply
of its members with fertilizers and the trade of their products, the Co-operation
has undertaken the collection of deposits on behalf of the Agrarian Bank of Giannitsa.
In the town square of the village, are situated the buildings of the
cultural association "Pyrsos" , the community bureau and the community
clinic. Plenty of cafes and taverns are gathered at that place. Across the road
there is the taxi station. Behind the square is the recently built church of Saint
Nicolaos. On the left side of the main road, on the way to Trifili,
there is the open theatre, which was built recently at the point where the old
football field used to be. The new football playground of Aris of Palefito is
built on the eastern side of the village, behind the Primary School. Next to them,
there is the building of the Kindergarten and the Nursery School.