Nea Styra has today evolved into a summer resort with great prospects
for further development. It was once however nothing more than the seaport of
Styra and a beautiful coast.
The first settlement with the name of Gkisouri, was built in 1895. It took the
name of Nea Styra in 1940.
Today, Nea Styra is served by one of the ferry lines which connect
southern Evia with shores of eastern Attica. There are also regular car ferries
to and from Agia Marina on
the opposite coast.
This text is cited May 2003 from the Municipality
of Styra tourist pamphlet.