Karpenissi Ski Center - Velouchi
Last Update: Jan 2012
Tel.: +30 22370 22002
Mobile: +30 6979-727467, 6977-559840
: 1840 m up to 2220 m.
Karpenissi Ski Center is located on Tymfristos
mountain, in Diavolotopos
11 slopes, of various levels of difficulty, in a total length of 8400 m, out of which:
- 3 black
- Heraklis 1, 800 m in length.
- Heraklis 2, 800 m in length.
- Anemos 2, 300 m in length.
- 3 red
- Anemos 1A, 1000 m in length.
- Anemos 2-Heraklis, 1500 m in length.
- Heraklis 3, 1200 m in length.
- 3 blue
- Anemos 1B, 1100 m in length.
- Anemos 2, 600 m in length.
- Takis Flengas, 400 m in length.
- 2 green
- Thisseas, 600 m in length.
- Beginners’, 200 m in length. Is used primarily for ski courses from ski school.
There are also various interesting ski runs outside the slopes.
Karpenissi Ski Center has seven lifts, with a total capacity of 5150 persons/hour. Specifically:
- 4 aerial:
- Anemos 1 (aerial double seat), 889 m in length - altitude difference 183 m.
- Anemos 2 (aerial double seat), 757 m in length - altitude difference 78 m.
- Takis Flengas (aerial double seat), 376 m in length - altitude difference 52 m.
- Heraklis 1 (aerial triple seat), 750 m in length - altitude difference 237 m.
- 2 sliding one seat:
- Thisseas, 540 m in length - altitude difference 80 m.
- Heraklis 2, 400 m in length - altitude difference 160 m.
- 1 baby-lift, 100-200 m in length - altitude difference 15 m.
Asphalt road network links Karpenissi
to Ski Center (11 km. distance).
Karpenissi Ski Center has 3 snowploughs and 2 machines for slopes formation and covering with snow.
Karpenissi Ski Center operates December till April, daily from 9 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
Karpenissi Ski Center is the first ski center that was established by businessmen, in 1974.
Sights/activities in the surrounding area
, a region with unique alpine environment and rich cultural and historic heritage, constitutes one of the clearest ecosystem regions worldwide, as UNESCO
has declared it, in 1991.
, a capital town, a junction and the core of economic development of Evrytania Prefecture
, was founded in later Ottoman years and, today, is the only urban center of the prefecture with an approximate population of 8000 inhabitants.
Executives & Departments
- Information office, Tel.: 22370 21112
- 111 Kilometers the provincial capital AGRINIO, ETOLOAKARNANIA, GREECE
- 368 Kilometers the capital of the country: ATHENS, GREECE
- 272 Kilometers the prefectural capital IOANNINA, EPIRUS, GREECE
- 11 Kilometers the prefectural capital KARPENISSI, EVRYTANIA, GREECE
- 506 Kilometers the prefectural capital KAVALA, GREECE
- 78 Kilometers the prefectural capital LAMIA, FTHIOTIDA, GREECE
- 107 Kilometers the prefectural capital LARISSA, THESSALIA, GREECE
- 187 Kilometers the prefectural capital PATRA, ACHAIA, GREECE
- 306 Kilometers the prefectural capital THESSALONIKI, MAKEDONIA CENTRAL, GREECE
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Auxiliary information by:
- Belongs to:
- Monasteries of interest:
- Museums of interest:
- Agia Triada Folklore Museum, AGIA TRIADA, GREECE
- Domnista Folklore and History Museum, DOMNISTA, GREECE
- Granitsa Folklore Museum, GRANITSA, GREECE
- Korishades National Resistance Museum, KORYSCHADES, GREECE
- Megalo Horio Folklore Museum, MEGALO CHORIO, GREECE
- Palio Mikro Horio Museum, MIKRO CHORIO, GREECE
- Viniani Museum, VINIANI, GREECE
- Selected accommodation:
- Evrytania Police Headquarters, KARPENISSI, GREECE
- Fidakia Medical Centre, FIDAKIA, GREECE
- Karpenissi Fire Brigade, KARPENISSI, GREECE
- Police Department of Karpenissi, KARPENISSI, GREECE
- Stenoma Medical Centre, STENOMA, GREECE
Subsidiaries / affiliates / members...