Single-aisled, barrel-vaulted church of the Palaiologan period. A
staircase on the east side leads up to the fortress. The
has undergone many reconstruction phases (1861-1892) but the walls
remain intact. The wall-paintings are dated before the middle of the 14th century.
Excavations on the south and east sides have brought to light part
of the city's fortification wall which communicated with the church by means of
a built staircase which led up to a tower-like section of the wall. It was also
proved that the church was later incorporated into the castle. The church does
not function today but the iconostasis and the wall-paintings have been restored.