Two kilometres east of Stypsi is Ipsilometopo, a small and attractive
village, buried in its green trees.
of the Archangel (Taxiarches)
, at the entrance to the village, a work of 1807,
is a scheduled monument. It is a three-aisled building in dark trachyte, with
three conches, three altars and a very fine carved and gilded wooden sanctuary
, amid tall plane trees, is well known for its crystal-clear water.
The Women's Agro-Tourism and Craft Industry Co-operative of Stypsi-Ipsilometopo
has a second workshop here.
Two kilometres from the village is the Chapel of St Demetrius, built
in 1954 on the site of the sanctuary of an Early
Christian three-aisled basilica
, of which the column bases and numerous architectural
members have survived, scattered here and there or built into the chapel.
The fair of St Marina at Ipsilometopo on 17 July is very well attended.