Kornos is first referred to in 1361 in register documents concerning
the possessions of Megisti Lavra
in the area. It is written that the inhabitants of Kornos - then called Koronos
- were yielded to the Monastery. Till 1914 it was a municipality and rather one
of the richest villages of the island. It is not a coincidence that many of the
owners of the houses of Romeikos
descend from Kornos. The village in cooperation with the municipality
is profiting from Therma, medicinal water sources of the region.
Therma have been in use since 1415.
This text (extract) is cited May 2003 from the Lemnos
Provincial Government tourist pamphlet (1997).