Apsalos, with 1054 residents, is found in a distance of 11 kilometres
from Aridea, in the road
to the Edessa and Thessalonica.
Built in the entry of province of Almopia, it is the first municipal
department that the visitor meet coming from Thessalonica and Edessa.
The history of Apsalos is lost in depths of centuries. According to
the Claudius the Ptolemaist (geographer of 2nd century ) Apsalos is considered
as one of the ancient cities of Almopia with Orma,
Evropos (Aloros) Ancient
Apsalos is related with the ancient settlement that is found in the road Apsalos
next to the sources of waters.
The Christian residents of the village came in the period of 1922-34
after the mikrasiatiki(Asia Minor) destruction and the exchange of populations.
They were inhabitants from Pontos, Thraces and Mjkrasja'tes. In 1945 also came
some families vlaxoi.
The native of the Pont residents emigrated from the region of Hatzi'
Osma'n of Nikomidia,
Ak Tag Mate'n province of Ankara and Mpoylga'r Mate'n (mine of Bull) southern
Turkey. Also exist a few families of Pont's inhabitants that came from the region
of Trapezoyntas and