The Lakka lighthouse was constructed in 1919. It has a square shape and the height of the tower is 10 meters with a focal plane of 65. The first lighthouse in the Lakka was lit in 1825 and operated with olive oil. After more technical improvements in 1982 its lighting machinery replaced and the lightouse operated as an automatic solar with a red blink every 5" and luminescence of 5 nautical miles.
The access to the lighthouse is by road from Lakka village. It is located in the northest part of Paxi island and about 10 km away from island’s capital, Gaios.