Ostrakina Ski Center - Mainalon
Last Update: Dec 2015
A skiing slope
The Mainalon mountain
A map of the ski centre
An access map
Skiing on the slope
Mainalon ski centre
A snow-white landscape
A Mainalon mountain view
The Mainalon mountain
Sliding down the slope on skis
Mainalon ski centre
Mobile: +30 6973-770796
Ostrakina Ski Center - Mainalon - Photo Gallery
Ostrakina Ski Center - Mainalon - Overview
: 1500 m - 1860 m.
The Ski Center of Menalon is located at Ostrakina
mountaintop of Menalon
, at an altitude of 1600 m.
Menalon Ski Center has seven slopes in total, out of which:
- 1 black, Vorini, 600 m in length.
- 3 red
- Touristiki, 700 m in length.
- Polyvios, 800 m in length. It is a red slope that to its lower levels turns into blue and ends to the snowboard park.
- Anatoliki, 800 m in length. This one is a red - blue slope too.
- 2 blue
- Peripheral, 2500 m in length.
- Arktouros, 350 m in length.
- 1 green for beginners 130 m in length.
Three lifts upload the skiers to the slopes. Specifically:
3 sliding one seat:
- Aetos, 570 m in length
- Arktouros, 350 m in length
- 1 baby-lift, Helona, near the new chalet, 100 m in length.
- Chalet with guesthouse, cafeteria and snack bar.
- Snow bar, on Erato slope, at an altitude of 1600 m.
- Snow park, on the east side of the chalet for ATV’s mobiles (snow tubes, snowmobiles, 4x4 tricycles). Here there is a plastic ski run and is used when the snow isn’t enough.
- Snowboard park with jump slope.
- Ski/snowboard School for beginners.
- Ski equipment rental store.
- Snowmobiles rental store.
- Ski Bus Klaoudatos: daily departures from Athens to Menalon Ski Center, for further information you can contact the given phone numbers.
The ski center facilities operate from December to March, daily from 9.30 a.m to 4 p.m.
The Menalon Ski Center operates for more than forty years. Its operation began, when was placed there in 1965 the first lift, which was a simple construction. The first modern lift was placed in 1968 and operates until now. In the middle of 70’s was placed the second lift, at the end of 80’s the third one and lately the baby-lift.
Menalon Ski Center of Gortynia
is the nearest ski center to Athens
It's recommended for families, as is a normal mountain, is easily accessible (the closest and with the easiest way from Athens
), ideal for ski learning, but also for various snow sports.
European Path of Big Routes E4 passes from Ostrakina
The Ski Center belongs to Hellenic Alpine Club of Tripoli
, which rents it for exploitation.
Ostrakina Ski Center - Mainalon - Map
Executives & Departments
- Information office, Tel.: 2710 232243
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Archaeological sites of interest:
- Acropolis of Ancient Nestani, NESTANI, GREECE
- Archaeological Site of Ancient Mantineia, MANTINIA, GREECE
- Archaeological Site of Arcadic Orchomenos, ORCHOMENOS, GREECE
- Archaeological Site of Episkopi at Tegea, EPISKOPI, GREECE
- Archaeological Site of Kaphyes, KAFYES, GREECE
- Archaeological Sites of Steno and Agiorgitika, STENO, GREECE
- Mycenaean Cemetery of Palaiokastro, PALEOKASTRO, GREECE
- Sanctuary of Alea Athena, ALEA, GREECE
- Sanctuary of Hippios Poseidon, MANTINIA, GREECE
- Arts & Culture - interesting sights:
- Managed by:
- Monasteries of interest:
- Agios Nikolaos Glimis Monastery, PIKERNI, GREECE
- Monastery of Agias Eleoussas Vlachernas, VLACHERNA, GREECE
- Monastery of St. Nicholas at Kaltezes, MONI AGIOU NIKOLAOU KALTEZON, GREECE
- Monastery of St. Nicholas at Varses, MONI VARSON, GREECE
- Monastery of the Virgin at Ano Chrepa, MONI PANO CHREPAS, GREECE
- Monastery of the Virgin at Kandila, MONI KANDILAS, GREECE
- Monastery of the Virgin Gorgoepekoos at Nestani, MONI GORGOEPIKOOU, GREECE
- Monastery Panagias Vlachernas, VLACHERNA, GREECE
- Museums of interest:
- Archaeological Museum of Tegea, ALEA, GREECE
- Folk Arts Museum of Birbilis at Tripolis, TRIPOLI, GREECE
- Folk Arts Museum of Episkopi in Tegea, EPISKOPI, GREECE
- Folk Arts Museum of Kollines, KOLINES, GREECE
- Folk Arts Museum of Manari, MANARIS, GREECE
- Folk Arts Museum of Partheni, PARTHENI, GREECE
- Folk Arts Museum of Piana, PIANA, GREECE
- Museum Alexandros Papanastassiou, LEVIDI, GREECE
- Open-Air Water Power Museum of Dimitsana, DIMITSANA, GREECE
- Panarcadic Archaeological Museum of Tripolis, TRIPOLI, GREECE
- The House of Kolokotronis, LIBOVISSI, GREECE
- War Museum of Tripolis, TRIPOLI, GREECE
- Selected accommodation:
- Selected tourism enterprises:
- Sights of interest:
- Sports' Federations-Associations