The ancient theatre was discovered at the end of last century in the
excavations conducted by the Greek Archaeological Society. Remains of burial monuments
and Early Christian Basilicas came recently into light in the excavations of the
Greek Archaeological Service.
The excavations of the Archaeological Society last century uncovered
the theatre dated to the Early Imperial period and part of the ancient Agora.
The latter came into light again during recent excavations conducted by the 5th
No important restoration work has yet been undertaken at the area
The most important monuments of the site are:
The Ancient Theatre
• Remains of burial monuments dated to Roman period.
Remains of Early Christian Basilicas
Art & culture
- Ancient city
- Ancient monuments
- Theatre: Roman period, 31 BC-AD 324
- Tombs: Roman period, 31 BC-AD 324
- Ancient agora
- Roman period, 31 BC-AD 324
- As a monument is administered by: