First owners of the building
were the tobacco tradesmen Athanasios and Pantelis Kougioumtzoglou who used the
plans they brought with them from Russia before 1860. Today those plans and designs
are kept in the Letters and Arts Center of the city. One of the buildings was
donated to the Center in 1968, while the second one was bought in 1976. Today
it houses the Folk Art Museum.
The two buildings are identical residences built next to each other,
with a common roof that ends to a pediment. The buildings develop on three levels
and their inside walls are decorated by remarkable paintings. The setup and the
materials used on the facets have created an interesting architectural style of
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.