Medieval City of Rhodes
Last Update: Jul 2014
Period of the Knights Hospitallers (1309/10-1522)
Medieval City of Rhodes: Odos Ippoton (Knights' Street)
Medieval city of Rhodes: View of the Public Library (left) and Aristotelous Street from Ippokratous Square.
Mosque of Suleiman the Magnificent, Medieval city of Rhodes
Yeni Hamam or Public Baths (left) and Mustafa Pasha Mosque (right), Μedieval City of Rhodes
Palace of the Grand Master
Rhodes Public Library (Kastellania)
Church of St. Paraskevi, Medieval town of Rhodes
The Holy Trinity church in the Rodiou Sq. of the medieval town.
The church of Our Lady of the Burgh by night
Our Lady of the Burgh: One of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Greece.
The church of Our Lady of the Burgh in the medieval town of Rhodes dates back to the 14th century.
Gate of the Virgin seen form the church of the Virgin of the Burgh.
Tel.: +30 22410 25500
Medieval City of Rhodes - Photo Gallery
Medieval City of Rhodes - Map
Executives & Departments
- Archaeological service:, Tel.: 22413 65200, Fax: 22410 21954, Email:
4th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities, Rhodes
Principals / HQ / participations...
- As a monument is administered by:
Subsidiaries / affiliates / members...
- Monuments of interest:
- Church of Agia Aikaterini (St. Catherine), RODOS, GREECE
- Church of Agia Paraskevi, RODOS, GREECE
- Church of Agia Triada, RODOS, GREECE
- Church of Agios Athanasios, RODOS, GREECE
- Church of Panagia tou Bourgou (Our Lady of the Burgh), RODOS, GREECE
- Church of Panagia tou Kastrou (Our Lady of the Castle), RODOS, GREECE
- Hospice of St. Catherine, RODOS, GREECE
- Palace of the Grand Master, RODOS, GREECE
- Public Baths - Yeni Hammam of Rhodes, RODOS, GREECE
- Rhodes Public Library, RODOS, GREECE
- Suleiman Mosque, RODOS, GREECE
- Museums of interest:
- Near the area operate:
Activities / facilities / services / specialization
Byzantine & Post-Byzantine Monuments
Art & culture
|Cultural Heritage ||• World Heritage Monument (UNESCO) |
|Visiting Information ||• Site always open ||
Copyright 1999-2018 International Publications Ltd.