was founded in 1977 and was housed in the atelier
of the famous Greek painter George Gounaropoulos (1890-1977), in the Zografou area of Athens.
In 1990 the Museum was expanded by the addition of a new building, which serves as Art and Culture Center, hosting art exhibitions, lectures and cultural events.
In the old atelier of the painter (which has been listed by the Greek State as conservation-worthy property) are exhibited his works,
including oil paintings, drawings done in crayon and fusain, studies and also personal items.
Some of the most important exhibits of the museum are:
G. Gounaropoulos, "Self-portrait"
, 1965, Fusain, 76 x 56 cm.
G. Gounaropoulos, "Trees and female figure"
, 1930, Oil, 53 x 63 cm.