Built in a rectangular "U" shape and having the residence area on
the upper floor distinctly separated from the storage-auxiliary area in the ground-floor,
the tile-covered building has an interesting stonework, that is quite evident
on the ground-floor but coated upstairs.
belongs to one of the most important and old families of Epirus. In
1844, after a big fire, the existing mansion was built by the popular architect
and craftsman, Nikolaos George Pantazis, widely known as Liolis. The mansion hosted
many distinguished personalities in the past.
In 1941, during the World War II, it was bombarded but it was sufficiently
restored from the damages it suffered and for the period of 1947-1953 housed the
Public Works Ministry’s rebuilding services. In 1988, it was bought by the Ministry
of Culture and today is being restored by the 6th Ephorate of Contemporary and