The Minoan villa
was most likely the residence of a local ruler.
Its architecture is comparable to that of a small-scale minoan palace
it has a central and west court, a small tripartite shrine
a three-columned portico, storerooms and workshops. It seems that the construction of the building was never completed. Interesting elements
of its architecture are the installations of a wine-press
in the south wing and an oil-press
in the courtyard.
The construction of the villa started in ca. 1580 BC but remained incomplete. The interior wall of the east
wing had just started to be built when the whole structure was destroyed, possibly by an earthquake, and abandoned in 1550 BC.
One of the reconstructed rooms of the complex houses today a small pottery exhibition.