Plati tends to become the suburb of Myrina. Many of Myrinas' inhabitants
built their houses "on the road to Plati". Besides, Plati's coasts are well valued
and are probably the most popular on the island. The village is first referred
to in a golden bull document of 1355. This document grants the village to the
Monastery of Philothei of Mount
. Turks used to call it Passa-Port.
This text (extract) is cited May 2003 from the Lemnos
Provincial Government tourist pamphlet (1997).