The Koprena lighthouse was constructed in 1893, with a tower of 9 meters height and focal plane of 12. It is located in Koprena village of Arta, a port with major trade activity since Byzantine era until the very first of 20th century.
The lighthouse’s building in nowadays operates as museum, inaugurated in October 2000 and it’s housed in the beacon keeper home beside the stone tower. Tools, old lighthouses equipment, operating machine of lighthouse and its utility in navigation, information for the lighthouse keeper life, elements of the regional history are some of the exhibits of the museum. From the rooftop there is a splendid view of the wetland, the mouth of Vovos river and the Delta of Aracthos river.