The French Company of Ottomans Lighthouses built the Mourtos lighthouse in 1884. The height of the cylindrical tower is 14 meters and its focal plane 87.
The access to the lighthouse is possible by boat from Syvota port. It’s added in the Greek lighthouses network after the Balcans Wars of 1912-13.
Syvota are famous since ancient period due to Syvota sea battle in 433 B.C. between Korinthians & Corfians. The two green islets, Agios Nikolaos & Mavro Oros, in the entrance of Mourtos bay, which named from the mythical pirate who had there its base, are considered to be the Syvota islands that historian Thoukidides refer.