Descending the dazzling white steps from the church of
one comes upon the Jesuit monastery, which overlooks the church of
Panagia tou Karmilou. The unmanned today monastery was founded
in 1744 and obtained its present form in 1852-53. It is a monument of
particular historical significance, with its ancient inscriptions, icons and
ecclesiastical heirlooms, but also with an important library of 6.000 volumes.