Kalamata International Airport is one of the 15 modern Greek International Airports.
Operates since 1959, although for almost 20 years, operated at the Tiode’s airport facilities. Because of the need of using a larger landing runway for modern aircraft, was moved on 7.19.1970 in the south end of P.E.A 120 airport, where it operated until 1.19.1991. From 1.16.1991 until now operates in Civil Aviation Authority own premises, in a total area of 2.450 sq.m. at the SW side of the P.E.A 120.
In 1986 with the launch of charter flights from abroad, came up the need for new facilities. The project was completed quickly and on 1.16..1991 was operating the new terminal, as it is today.
The mission of Kalamata International Airport is to serve the air transportation of the region and thereby contribute to the development of Messinia and the wider region. Kalamata town is about 7km far away.