In the centre of the village of Kerassia a stone-built bridge is situated,
which is joining the two parts of the village on the banks of Kerassiotis river.
It consists of two unequal arches constructed with nicely worked grey-green schist
stones reiforced with metal joints. The surface of the road has strong inclination
and is covered with a stone path approximately 3,00 m large. It was built in 1886.
In 1988 it was characterized as a preserved historical monument. Repairing works took place on the bridge in 1993.
This text is cited Sept 2003 from the Hellenic Ministry of Culture URL below, which also contains image.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!