ETOLIKO (Town) IERA POLIS MESSOLONGIOU
The first residents must have been fishermen. In 1204 this island was given to the Venetians. Then, from 1370 to 1821, it belonged successively to lord Boua, lord Spata, lord Griva, the Venetians, the Turks, Morozini and to the Turks.
This text is cited December 2004 from the West Greece Region General Secretariat URL below, which contains images.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!