Permanent exhibition with photos of the monuments of Konitsa and greater area. It is located at the renovated traditional building of the archaeological area of Konitsa, near the stone bridge. According to the initial inscription on Arabic letters that is built-in left to the entrance into the floor, the building was constructed in 1869-70 in order to be used as a seminary. Its founder was sheik Zourabis, who characterizes the school, on the inscription, as the "birthplace of learning and studying". After the liberation and for many years the building used to serve as a nursery school. Nowadays, it hosts the photographs exhibition and serves as a place for welcoming the Ministry of Culture and for promoting the antiquities of Konitsa area. The color photos cover a long period of time of human cultural activity in the area, from 15000 B.C. until the end of 19th century.
This extract is cited June 2003 from the Municipality of Konitsa URL below, which contains images.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!