The village named Daphni was once called Sverdia. The church honoured
in the name of Aghioi Anargyroi was found here in 1856, when the icon of the Saints
- Kosmas and Damianos - was revealed in a crypt dug in the earth. These Saints
are still believed to be miracle-makers. According to a tradition the abundant
water of the region is a result of a miracle of Aghios Athanassios, who founded
the first Monastery at Athos
Once the Saint was passing from the area, and he felt thirsty, he stuck the earth
with his stick and water sprung out.
This text (extract) is cited May 2003 from the Lemnos Provincial Government
tourist pamphlet (1997).