It is situated at a distance of only 2 kilometers from Kechria
cross, on the road axis to Limni
of Evia. The main feature of this village, apart from its rich vegetation is the
crystal-like running water, which has turned, on its running, some areas to idyllic
The village was previously situated at a place, so called Paleochori,
which was destroyed by Turks. From that place, the village moved a little northerly
of its today's situation and took its name because of the highly dense forest,
which was there previously. The first house in Skepasti was built in 1770, while
in 1880, the number of its houses was 13.
Today, Skepasti is distinguished for its traditional households and
its hospitable residents.
This text is cited May 2003 from the Municipality
of Elymnies tourist pamphlet.