The museum of the Preveli Monastery
houses an important collection of its heirlooms preserved today, including icons dated from the 17th century,
gold - embroidered vestments, ecclesiastical liturgical vessels and other relics of the 18th and 19th centuries.
The monastery also maintains a significant library, listing approximately 1000 volumes.
The most important exhibits of the Museum are:
- Sacerdotal Vestments
, early 18th century.
- The Eulogistic Cross
of Efraim Prevelis, second half of the 18th century.
- Sigillium on a parchment declaring the monastery as stauropegion, 1798.
- Silver bound Evangile, 1807.
- The rood-screen
in the aisle of Saint John Theologian, 1840.
- Gold - plated chalice with cover, 1847.
Art & culture
- Byzantine and Post-Byzantine Museum
- Ecclesiastical Art Museum
- Visiting Information
- Periods of the exhibits
- Post-Byzantine period, 1453-1821
- Modern and contemporary Greece, 1821-today