At the south side of Strongyli island is located that lighthouse. It was first operated in 1910 by petroleum and luminescence of 20 nautical miles. Its tower is a round one of 6,6 meters height and its focal plane is 85 meters. It’s located at the south edge of the homonymous island. In 1947, after the annexation of Dodekanissa islands complex to Greece, it was added to the Greek Lighthouses Network. Since 1987 it’s automatic, operates by solar energy and has a luminescence of 17 nautical miles.