The French Company of Ottoman Lighthouses built the lighthouse in 1864. The tower height is 6 meters and its focal plane 70 meters. It’s located on the Kalolimnos small island of Dodekanisa islands complex, at northeast of Kalymnos island, next to Imia. After the Dodekanisa annexation to Greece the lighthouse in 1947 was added to Greek Lighthouses Network. The access is by boat from capital town and port of Kalymnos, Pothia.