The lighthouse was constructed by the French Company of Ottoman Lighthouses and operated for first time in 1912. The height of the tower is 7 meters and its focal plane 57 meters. It was added to the Greek Lighthouses Network in 1913, after the Balkans Wars. It is located at the southeast edge of Limnos island, opposite the Kombi cape, at the top of the homonymous small island. At the rocky island Kombi, which has 54 meters height and a conic shape, except the lighthouse is located also the Agia Fotini chapel. The access is possible even by feet when the sea is "pulled back", leaving that way a land stripe which connects Kombi and Limnos.