That lighthouse was built in 1823 by the English and first operated in 1828 with olive oil. The height of the cylindrical tower is 9 meters and its focal plane 32. It’s added in the Greek lighthouses network in 1863 with the annexation of the Ionian Islands. It is built at a height of 23,50 meters above the sea level.
It’s on the historic island Peristeres (Ancient Pythaia), the edge of the Greek sea borders. Right after the island are the Albanian territorial waters. The lighthouse during the Second World War remained off and reopened in 1945 as an automatic acetylene torch. The 1982 the lighting machinery replaced and the lightouse operated as an automatic solar with a red blink every 5" and luminescence of 5 nautical miles.