: 1170 m - 1471 m.
Pelion Ski Center is located on the Pelion’s
Mountain peak and, specifically, at Agriolefkes
site. The nearest settlement to the Ski Center is Chania
The Agriolefkes Ski Center has four slopes for downhill ski approved by the International Ski Federation (FIS)
, one for beginners, one cross-country ski run, a network of connecting ski runs, while a new blue slope is under formation, 1350 m in length. In details:
- 3 red
- Thetis, (3 parts consist that slope, one 1050 m. and two more of 200 m. in length each) it is 400 m in length.
- Iason, 500 m in length.
- Panorama, 1050 m in length, the longest one of the Ski Center. At its middle, for a distance of 300 m, is very difficult (black), and special attention is needed.
- 2 blue
- Pylones, 500 m in length.
- Kentavron, 1350 m in length (under construction).
- 1 green for beginners, which is devided in two parts one of 2100 m and one 120 m.
- 1 cross-country ski run (Lang-Lauf), 5 km in length, with a unique natural beauty
Ski Center's lifts are aligned with the current European standards concerning the safe operation of Ski Centers. Five lifts in total operate, out of which.
- 3 aerial lifts
- One aerial double seat. Pilio 3.
- Two aerial one seat, Pilio 1 & Pilio 2.
- 1 sliding.
- 1 baby-lift.
- Agrioleukes Chalet, the oldest one in the Ski center, which provides services such as accommodation, food, coffee, drinks, etc.
- Pleiades Hotel, for skiers and visitors.
- Shelter of Hellenic Alpine Club of Volos, for athletes.
- Ski and snowboard school. Private or group lessons. Special courses for children given by teachers trained in education.
- Ski equipment rental.
- Observatory on top.
- Snow-camera, at an altitude of 1400 m, on the top of aerial double seat lift, which has indications 3 times a day, without human intervention.
- Meteo station, for online presentation of current images & weather at Ski center (temperature, visibility, wind’s speed & direction).
- 3 parking lots with a capacity of over 800 cars.
The access to the Ski Center is from the National Road network of Volos
, driving onto an asphalt bypass road of 2.8 km long.
The Ski Center is connected to Agios Lavrentios
settlement by a graven road, around 8 km long.
settlement is the nearest settlement to the Ski Center and is connected with it by an 8 km long road, which is not asphalt covered throughout its length.
road, which ends at the second parking lot, is a graven road of 11 km long.
Pelion Ski Center operates from the beginning of December to the end of March. It is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is probable that its operation will be extended, depending on the snowfall.
Pelion Ski Center has been established by the initiative of the Hellenic Alpine Club of Volos
in 1967, when began its operation the first aerial lift. Since 1997 the Development Company of Magnesia S.A. (ANEM S.A.) was responsible for its management. Since 2008, the company Kentavron Oros S.A., which ivlolves all the regional authorities, manage the development and the operation of the ski center.
The installation of a telecabin (lift) is supported by the Regional State in order to connect Chania
with the peak of Pelion Ski Center.
It is one of the first ski centers in Greece, which had organized night ski.
Facilities/services in the surrounding area
settlement, near Pelion Ski Center, there are various reastaurants and hotels, as well as stores selling local products.
Activities in the surrounding area
The activities that have been developed in the Mountain Center of Athletic and Entertaining Activities, in Agriolefkes
, until our days, include the following:
In cooperation with Volos Shooting Club
visitors have the chance to learn and practice shooting with the use of an arch or a popgun with the assistance of highly experienced trainers and the use of high quality equipment.
With the support of Magnessia Horse Riding Club
visitors have the chance to experience tourist horse-riding with trained horses on the magnificent paths of the area. They have the possibility to choose a small or big, easy or difficult, but, in any case, a beautiful route.
Mountain bikes with anatomically skeletons guarantee comfortable and pleasant mountain cycling in magnificent routes of various degrees of difficulty, according to the capability of the visitors.
D. CLIMBING - ADVENTURE TREKKING - HIKING
Entertainment activities have been planned in cooperation with the Hellenic Alpine Club of Volos
for those who would like to experience the feeling of a climber and spend their day in action and pleasantly. The development of hiking sport in Pelion
paths has added to the beauty of the area and gives visitors the chance to familiarize themselves with nature and the rich flora and fauna of the area.
In the near future, the following activities will be organized:
- Weekly camps,
- Sports events or even games in the forest,
- Night events under the light of a full moon, i.e. August full moon.
The development of other activities will be taking place from early May until the end of November.
Some activities (i.e. shooting and climbing) will be taking place throughout the year.
The activities will be taking place every weekend from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.