The Folklore Museum of Sifnos
is located in the central square of Apollonia, the Heroon square. It was founded by the Sifnians Association
at Athens with the aim to preserve and promote the island's tradition with regard to aspects of everyday rural
life and the local arts. Among the most important exhibits of the museum collections are:
- Collection of swords and rifles.
- Collection of traditional costumes
- Wood sculptures, chests.
- Embroideries and laces.
- Domestic utensils
, among them the notable
sifnian ceramics, but also spoons and knives from Constantinople.
- Agricultural tools.
- Digging, apiarian and pottery tools.
- Portraits of Sifnian personalities
- An archive of the local newspapers "Sifnos" - the oldest newspaper of the Cyclades, established in 1880 -
"Sifnian News" and "Sifnian Voice" (1965-1986).