Last Update: Jan 2003
Ormylia Community - Overview
Ormylia is the primary settlement and the head of the municipality.
It is built on the northern area at the foothill of the mt. Holomontas. Its population
reaches the 3.500 persons and it's the third biggest settlement of the country.
The general urban design of Chalkidiki country suggests the preservation of the
architectural and town - planning elements of the settlement, considering also
the fact that this is what the citizens wish too. The oldest building in the settlement
is the central Church of St George (1818). Some newer ones that are still intact
are: the campanile, some country houses from the previous century and the old
public school of 1909 in a very good shape. That building also serves these days
as the town hall.
- Ancient sites within Municipal's District:
- Recognized settlements of the Community:
- EVANGELISMOS TIS THEOTOKOU, HALKIDIKI, GREECE
- NEA SERMYLI, HALKIDIKI, GREECE
- NISSI, HALKIDIKI, GREECE
- PSAKOUDIA, HALKIDIKI, GREECE
- VATOPEDI, HALKIDIKI, GREECE
- Is the seat of the Municipality:
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Community office of:
- Cultural activities:
- Medical care:
- Monasteries of interest:
Copyright 1999-2019 International Publications Ltd.