There are currently no photos associated to this company. Are you the owner/manager of this company? Contact us.
Archaeological Museum of Sifnos - Overview
The Archaeological Museum of Sifnos is housed in a traditional building located at the medieval nucleus of the Castle.
It was restored by the Ministry of Culture in the early 1980's and opened to the public in 1986.
The museum includes the following collections:
Sculptures (funerary sculptures, statues, architectural members etc.) dating from the Archaic to the Roman period (6th-1st century BC).
Pottery from the Castle, dating from the Geometric to the Hellenistic period (8th-2nd century BC).
Coins minted in 600 BC.
The most important items of the exhibition are:
- Palmette finial of a marble funerary stele dated to the 4th century BC.
- Head of a marble female statue dated to the 4th century BC.
- Head of a marble kouros, dated to the middle of the 6th century BC.
- Marble Ionic capital of the 6th century BC.
- Marble funerary stele, dated to the Hellenistic period.