Karamanoli Ski Center - Neraida Karditsa
Last Update: Dec 2015
Tel.: +30 24410 70946
Fax: +30 24410 70946
Mobile: +30 6932-744194
Karamanoli Ski Center - Neraida Karditsa - Overview
: 1530 m
At the east side of South Pindos
sierra, close to Voutsikaki
top (2152 m) and at an altitude of 1530 m, is located the Ski Center of Agrafa.
- 1 green, small (for beginners) 300 m. in length.
Other facilities and services
Following the suggested two directions you could have access to the Karamanoli Ski Center.
- Moving on the road towards Plastira Lake through Krioneri village.
- Moving on the road towards Plastira Lake through Kastania village
Both routes lead to the Neraida
village, from which at a 5 km distance is the ski center. The asphalted road is new, as was completed in September 2009, for easier and safer access to the Ski Center.
The ski center facilities operate every weekend from 9 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
Alpine & Ski club of Karditsa
founded the Karamanoli Ski Center in order to fulfil their needs. In a short distance there is the Shelter of Alpine & Ski Club of Karditsa
at an altitude of 1420 m.
Moreover, the forest roads around are suitable for cross-country ski.
Facilities/services in the surrounding area
Karamanoli Ski Center is close to the Plastira Lake
and its surrounding villages, a very beautiful area, which lately has an impressing development.
there are many places for accommodation and cafe-restaurants within a 5 km road.
You can, find accommodation and cafe-restaurants in other neighbouring settlements such as Kalyvia
It’s worth to visit also:
- The Botanical Garden, 1,5 km away from Neochori. It has a 10 acres size and is located at lakeside. A visit here will be helpful in getting closer to nature and discovering the species of local fauna and flora.
- The Waterfall of Anthochori, through a 1200 m path. Path’ beginning is stone paved, has rest points with benches and springs and continues through the gorge, surrounded by planes.
- The Dam, which results the lake. The dam is an arched structure, 200 m in length and 83 m in height. It was completed in 1959, when started the water filling of the lake. This water is used as power for the D.E.I. hydroelectric electricity productive station, of 120 MW power, to which is transferred through a pipeline started at the lake’s eastside, close to Tsardaki area, and next irrigates the Thessaly plain and waters Karditsa, Sofades and 35 other communities. Towards Moucha, right after the dam, we will find on the left the Information Centre of Itamos Municipality, where we could have more information about the dam and the region.
Karamanoli Ski Center - Neraida Karditsa - Map
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Belongs to:
- Monasteries of interest:
- Monastery Genession Theotokou in Korona, MESSENIKOLAS, GREECE
- Monastery of Pelekitis, KARITSA, GREECE
- Monastery of Petra, MONI PETRAS, GREECE
- Monastery of Spilia, MONI SPILIAS, GREECE
- Monastery of the Holy Trinity at Vounessi, MORFOVOUNI, GREECE
- Monastery of the Trasfiguration, PLAGIA, GREECE
- Museums of interest:
- Selected accommodation:
- Agnanti Hotel, NEOCHORI, GREECE
- Anatoli Hotel, NEOCHORI, GREECE
- Avra Hotel, KARDITSA, GREECE
- Domotel Arni, KARDITSA, GREECE
- Megdovas Hotel, KALYVIA, GREECE
- Naiades Hotel, NEOCHORI, GREECE
- Nikolaos Plastiras Hotel, NERAIDA, GREECE
- Selected tourism enterprises:
- Sports' Federations-Associations