: 1600 m - 1847 m
3 slopes of 1.25 km total length, out of which:
- Emmanuel Pappas: 1 descending slope of 1,000 m. The first half part is red, while the other half blue and has also a part featured black.
- Beginners: Green slope, 200 m in length. It’s the last part of E. Pappas slope. However, it has its sliding lift & services mostly beginners & ski school trainees.
- 1 Lang-Lauf slope authorised by International Ski Federation (FIS).
- 1 sliding lift, of 1050 m. total length, which serves 700 pax/hour.
- 1 baby-lift, 250 m in length, which serves beginners slope.
Other facilities/ services
- Shelter of Hellenic Alpine Club of Serres, with an altitude of 1500 m. It operates throughout the year & can accommodate 85 persons, in coordination with Hellenic Alpine Club of Serres. It’s 3 km away from E. Pappas slope.
- Chalet at 1600 m. It’s a ski booth built by wood and stone, with central heating, cafeteria, restaurant with traditional local dishes and dorms athletes. Operates from Thursday to Sunday and holidays throughout the year, but also on weekdays by prior arrangement.
- Ski and snowboard school.
- Ski and snowboard equipment rental shops, sleighs, and snowmobiles.
- Beginners learning domain (green-blue)
- Card phone.
- First aid station.
- Parking lot.
- Trailers stay lot.
Lailias Ski Center operates from December to March. The ski and snowboard school is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The rest of the services are available from Friday to Sunday and holidays (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.).
Lailias Ski Center settled by the Hellenic Alpine Club of Serres
in 1978 and since then is constantly operated. The "Lailias Management Institution" company, with main stakeholder the Region of Central Macedonia
, has handled the maintance and operation of the ski center.
Has a lot of good snowing, lasting 3-4 months (late November to mid March) despite the mountain’s medium altitude. Its north orientation helps snow to be preserved for many months, so the ski season is long.
It is famous for its Lang-Lauf slope. Indeed, it is considered to be, together with the 3-5 Pigadia Ski Center
, the best ski resorts in Greece, for that sport.
Ski Center’s highlight is night skiing, every Saturday night, as the slope is equipped with the necessary lighting.
Due to exceptional weather conditions, you could visit the region all the year around, for walking, sports, hiking, and of course in winter for skiing. International hiking runs E4 & E6 passing through Lailias, also.
For children from 8 to 15 years old, operates on the summer the "mountain summer camp". Shelter of Hellenic Alpine Club of Serres
accommodate the children, where there is a restaurant too for theirs feeding. Outdoor activities take place in Lailias forest.
In the nearby forest, which is of high scientific and educational value, there are some of the rarest species of Greek flora & fauna. The forest is located in the heart of Serres controlled hunting area and considered as a core saving, by constant prohibition of hunting. EOK directive 79/409 "on the conservation of wild birds", protects ten birds’ species, of total recorded in the forest. Equally important is the flora of the region. The part of the forest called "sfagnonas" is protected by the Ministry of Rural Development and Food
and was declared a natural monument restored. Finally, researches about forest’s situation and growth, on the after-ice age period, are taking place too.