The small monastery of Agia Pelagia is situated on the left side of
the national road of Preveza
, just below
the village Kastrosykia. Seraphim Vyzantios mentions that this monastery was built
during the Byzantine period, according to the Byzantine architecture, and was
then renovated twice: in 2006-1613 and 1795.
In 1795 the present temple was built, in 1856 its stone iconostasis
was constructed, in 1894 the gateway, and the building site of the cells for the
monks was built in 1971.
(text: LAZAROS SINESIOS)
This text (extract) is cited July 2003 from the Prefecture
of Preveza tourist pamphlet.