Museum of the Monastery of Toplou
Last Update: Jan 2011
Museum of the Monastery of Toplou - Overview
The most important exhibits of the museum include:
- Theotokos the Immaculate, 15th century. Portable icon.
- Christ Pantocrator, 15th century. Portable icon, painted probably by Andreas Ritzos.
- St John the Precursor with scenes of his life, 17th century. Portable icon painted by F. Kavertzas.
- The Dormition of the Virgin, 15th century. Portable icon.
- Virgin of the Passion and St Nicolas, 1642. Portable icon.
- Sts Theodoroi, 1723. Portable icon by the painter Niketas.
- Holy Trinity, 17th century. Portable icon. Sts Ignatius and Savas, 17th century. Portable icon.
- Sts Athanasius, Cyril and John the Merciful, 17th century. Portable icon.
Museum of the Monastery of Toplou - Map
Executives & Departments
- Information office, Tel.: 2810 288484, 2810 288394, Fax: 2810 288484, Email:
13th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities, Aretis Nioti & 24 Skordilon Streets, Heraklion
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Is answerable to:
- Located within the area:
Subsidiaries / affiliates / members...
- Exhibits from the archeological sites:
Activities / facilities / services / specialization
Art & culture
|Museum ||• Byzantine and Post-Byzantine Museum |
|Visiting Information ||• Fixed hours / Admission fee |
|Museum exhibits ||• Historical documents • Engravings • Manuscripts • Books collection • Icons • Seals |
|Periods of the exhibits ||• Post-Byzantine period, 1453-1821 • Late Byzantine period, AD 1204-1453 ||
Copyright 1999-2019 International Publications Ltd.