The Museum of the People of Kalavryta was founded in 1993, after 50
years the town's holocaust.
The Museum is housed in the town's primary school, which is a historic
building, donated by Andreas Syngros in 1906, and closely linked to the historical
event of the destruction of Kalavryta.
The Museum's aim is to constitute a centre for the promotion, through
education, of peace in the world and of cooperation among peoples. The
Museum Collection is composed of personal belongings of citizens who were executed,
historical documents from private collections, photographs from both Greek and
German state archives, stamps, engravings by various artists, whose themes were
inspired by the sacrifice of the people of Kalavryta and some of which were created
immediately after the tragic event.
Some of the most important exhibits of the museum are: The Lament
of Kalavryta. Engraving by Spyros Vassiliou. The grieving
Mother. Sculpture By Anna Vafia.