that now houses the archaeological collection of Galaxidi was constructed in the 1830's and until 1870 it functioned as
a carpet industry where the sailors' wives were occupied. Later it housed the Municipality of Galaxidi and in 1932, the
Maritime Gallery of the town. In 1979 the finds from the area of Galaxidi were transferred from the
Museum of Delphi to the
Maritime and Historical Museum of Galaxidi and
were exhibited in one of its halls.
The archaeological collection includes finds from Galaxidi and the adjacent areas as well as
items raised from the sea.
Some of the most important exhibits are:
- Early Helladic hydria (water jar) found in the area of a shipwreck,
in the sea off Galaxidi.
- Red-figure pelike. It bears painted representations on both sides:
a man and a youth are depicted on one side,
a woman and a youth on the other. The work is attributed to the Syrakousae painter.
- Bronze folded mirror bearing the relief representation
of a woman's head.