The Archaeological Collection of Agios Kirykos is housed in a
neoclassical building of around 1920, a work of the Belgian engineer Dupre.
The Collection is constituted of finds from the districts of Anemotafia,
Mavrikato, Kamari Fournon, Fyri Aspa, Evdilos, Drakano, Katafygi, Spilaio
Chrisostomou, Monokampi and other places.
The exhibits include figurines of animals and mythical beings
(hermaphrodites), stamped tiles and amphora handles, a large collection of whole
pointed-base amphoras from shipwrecks, glass perfume flasks, tools, toilet articles,
weapons, coins, clay and bronze vessels and other finds.
The most important exhibit in the Collection is the "Refuge Relief",
a grave relief of the Archaic / early Classical period and the work of a great
Parian sculptor. The relief depicts the farewell to the deceased woman by her
family and is distinctive for its light island style and the rich folds of the garments.