The name of the village originates from the arbutus berries (koumara)
that grow in the area. Most likely though it was give to the village by the surname
Koumaras or Koumarades.
The clay pots, the textiles and the aromatic herbs produced in Koumaradeoi
enjoy a high reputation in Greece.
Clay pottery workshops, traditional cafes and tavernas can be found
all over the village. 2 kilometers from Koumaradeoi we encounter the monastery
of Megali Panagia built in 1586. It is an important site of cultural and religious
Other sites of the village are:
The Church of Saint Panteleimonas
The village square
The public school with its new park and the open air theatre
The chapels of Saint George Saint Kostantinos and Eleni and the deserted
chapel 'Twelve Doors'