Pedino or Pisperago as it was earlier named is refered to on a golden
bull document in 1393 in which the possessions of Pantokratoros
Monastery are described. This was one of the villages of Limnos
which owned sailing vessels during the last century. It was destroyed by the earthquakes
in 1968 and transferred to the region of Nea
Koutali. However many of the houses of the village, most of them with beautiful
gardens, have been rebuilt and are inhabited.
This text (extract) is cited May 2003 from the Lemnos
Provincial Government tourist pamphlet (1997).